If you have registered for the Project READ Learning Portal you can sign-in here with your email address. If we don't have a record for you, sign-up on our register page
Welcome to the Project READ Learning Portal
California’s Project READ for Middle Schools is an intensive five-year program dedicated to increasing the reading and English Language Arts (ELA) proficiency and outcomes of all students—including students with disabilities, English learners, and socioeconomically disadvantaged students—in a competitively selected group of California middle schools.
To accomplish these goals, Project READ focuses on:
- training and coaching teachers to incorporate reading strategies and skills in content area instruction
- supporting school-level site teams and leaders in facilitating systems change through the collaborative use of data
Now in its fifth year, Project READ’s focus is on sustainability and growth, as well as sharing learning and resources beyond Project READ sites.
This Learning Portal contains many of the resources used in Project READ. It is being developed to house these resources, for ongoing access by Project READ as well as other California middle school teachers, interventionists, coaches, and administrators. Much is available here now, and more will continue to be added in the coming year.
- Project READ Opportunities for learning with and from Project READ Exemplar Sites, including: Webinars, Site Visits, and a Statewide Institute in March 2018. Stipends available!
- Project READ Webinars and Recordings featuring Project READ Exemplar Sites sharing their stories, tips, and tools. Stipends available.
- Literacy Strategies trainings, tools and resources for supporting Middle School reading; suitable for Content Area teachers, intervention teachers, coaches, and administrators.
- Collaborative Data and Leadership tools for data teams, PLCs, and site implementation teams.